Sign in to follow this  
sirk

Aqua One Plant Grow Led?

sirk    73

These lights have 72 leds, a switch for either side, sliding on/off legs and is 45cm long but I think they also come in 60, 90, 120cm 

DSC_0335.jpgDSC_0337.jpgDSC_0333.jpgDSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

• Like 5

sirk    73

Any aquatics shop that stocks aqua one should be able to get these but they have a new one that should be out next year almost double the led's by the look of what I seen.

Dar    307

Been looking at these lights online as well, would be interesting up hear how plants are doing with them

LOLAROSE    47

Hi just managed to get a 90cm one, most shops and on-line selling at £89.99 but I paid £63.05. I was going to wait until my viv arrived but the shop assistant thought it had been incorrectly priced as the 45cm size was priced at £44.99.

Sue

• Like 1

sirk    73

Nice good find :-)

Found some ssp for them

45cm £49.99

60cm £79.99

90cm £94.99

120cm £114.99

I'm still happy with mine plants doing well under them and colour is great.

LOLAROSE    47

Had to buy it when I saw the price, they might of corrected the price if I'd waited until the new year. Have you gone on line to get your guarantee up graded to a 2 year guarantee, they told me in the shop to do that.

Sue .

• Like 1

sirk    73

No I forgot lol thanks for reminding me, I know aquaone won't do the second year unless you have registered.

LOLAROSE    47

Just been back to the shop where I bought my lights and the price is now over £90! So it was incorrectly priced.

Sue

Mantas    207

Amazing find for superb price. LED with canopy just plug and go, for price like that is amazing.
I am sure plants will do really well with it.
Subscribing to this topic to follow profress and thanks for links.

LOLAROSE    47

I feel really guilty getting it for that price, but I did ask the shop assistant to check it was correct. When I spoke to the owner yesterday ( who I've known for 30 years) he said there had been a mistake on the pricing although they were charged the correct amount. In fact what I paid was close to cost price and to consider it an Xmas present.He was just grateful that I had queried the price as there were several more on the shelf. The member of staff who priced the stock must've had a real telling off, for the mistake could potentially of cost them £100's.

I will post an update on how the light performs after a fews weeks of use.

Sue

sirk    73

hi all just a quick update plants growing well and colours still look great added a few more plants since last pics but original plants thriving :)

DSC_0015.jpg

Cheers

kris

sirk    73

yeh the brackets just slid on and off, sorry i have no idea on how many kelvins these are and think i have throne the box away :(  but as i say they seem to do the plants some good

cheers 

kris

• Like 1

LOLAROSE    47

Just checked the specifications for you :-

Plantglo 45 - 18 watt

Plantglo 60 - 26 watt

Plantglo 90 - 38 watt - equivalent to 3 X 39 watt T5's

Plantglo 120 - 49 watt

Sorry no mention of the Kelvin rating on either the packaging or the information leaflet.

I've been using the 90cm one since the beginning of January. So far I am really pleased with the growth rate and colour of my plants and find the dual switches handy enabling me to lower the lighting in the evening I also run a T5 for 4 hours midday.

Sue.