Sign in to follow this  
mark_d

Woodlice Substrate

mark_d    39

So set myself up a tea bag DW woodlice culture and they seem to be doing well! I put 20 tea bags (squeezed at the correct PSI) and about 30 woodlice from the mixed culture! Decided to leave the greys as is as too fast to separate and the seem to be doing brilliantly on the coco husk.

• Like 1

Mark97    83

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but sounds an interesting idea. Wondering what results the other guys had who tried this method?

Also, what food you added, or did the lice feed of the decaying tea?

Mark.

Warrenp    0

I run a wormery in the garden on coffee grinds from a local cafe. Amazing soil is produced by the worms after 20kg is consumed every couple of weeks. I spot a few slugs in there but not much in the way of springs and wood lice. Nitrogen rich apparently.

dp1951    1
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 13:19, kev said:

hi mark,i currently have 2 large cultures of white tropical woods on the go and all i use is tea bags,i split them half open and add new ones every couple of weeks onto the old ones,these cultures are thriving with no mites present in them,all the bags are used ones.hope this is of some help.

hi mate how long did you leave them till you had alook to see how they was doing thanks

dp1951    1
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 13:19, kev said:

hi mark,i currently have 2 large cultures of white tropical woods on the go and all i use is tea bags,i split them half open and add new ones every couple of weeks onto the old ones,these cultures are thriving with no mites present in them,all the bags are used ones.hope this is of some help.

hi mate how long did you leave them till you had alook to see how they was doing thanks