Sign in to follow this  
Dar

Young Froglets :-D

Dar    307

Was in the shed tonight and found a 1st Valle de agua froglet, so chuffed :)

image_zps4a386c93.jpg

image_zpsd1b60023.jpg

And then a couple of hours later I seen a 2nd one close to morphing out :)

image_zps4561818a.jpg

• Like 8

Stu    426

I find it amazing how they morph out at the same time?! Really amazing

I do too Dar,but really it shouldn't be that way it should be expected I guess,mum goes around feeding taking it in turn so I guess it's in her interest to get them all out at the same time,so she can move on to the next lot,if the wild conditions are favourable. That's how I see it logically,but heel yeah I get what your on about. Oh mate this points to more than one so how many?

grats

Stu

Dar    307

I do too Dar,but really it shouldn't be that way it should be expected I guess,mum goes around feeding taking it in turn so I guess it's in her interest to get them all out at the same time,so she can move on to the next lot,if the wild conditions are favourable. That's how I see it logically,but heel yeah I get what your on about. Oh mate this points to more than one so how many?

grats

Stu

It's fascinating to watch and see them feeding. I'm not sure how many there are stu, there are 2 froglet, and maybe a 3rd, I thought i seen Someone dive for cover in the next leaf. But there are a lot of tads sprinkled all over the viv, I think I have 1.3 in the viv and they may all be feeding their own kids?!

Dar    307

My 1st pumilio charco la Pava young'un

image_zpsd947a2a0.jpg

And a shot of the Valle de agua, colours are looking great on these now

image_zpse8464467.jpg

• Like 6

Stu    426

More grats Dar and my question.....why in god's name do oophaga make that much mess of their broms,oh and here's the thoughtful(rarely) Stu answer are they passing something beneficial on to their kids ie gut flora/fauna in all that poo?

Oh a note to all: if you have a crappy brom about to die covered in muck,DO NOT JUST PULL IT AND CHUCK IT OUT!!  Check the living hell out of it first,never be fooled by how little water that brom holds,there might just be a tiny surprise or two lurking,,yup this beginner has that T shirt and thank god this idiot did check thoroughly enough...PHEW

grats Dar sorry for the tiny ramble,but tiny pums are fab I'd rather look an idiot than have someone else make a mistake that I nearly did

wicked bro

Stu

• Like 1

Dar    307

Thought I'd add some more shots of the youngsters... I'm not sure how many there are, I seen 4 at once yesterday :)

image_zps75f883bd.jpg

image_zpsdb0c6807.jpg

image_zps83660834.jpg

image_zps54582759.jpg

image_zps2c4babae.jpg

• Like 1

kev    78

Really like the look of these darren,little stunners.hope your fattening my new froggies for saturday,lol

Dar    307

Really like the look of these darren,little stunners.hope your fattening my new froggies for saturday,lol

Lol they don't need any encouragement to tick in ;)

markc    0

Dar,

I noticed you wanted to sell your Valle de Agua last year.  Do you still have them?  I have kept three females for the past two years, and never did find a male. I have to consider that these frogs are a dead end for me, since they have disappeared in the US. 

From what I've read, the Valle de Agua region is very large, and covers areas where slightly differnt morphs are found, such as Vulture Point or Cay Draco, and others. So, I am concerned that calling them "Valle de Agua" is not specific enough to identify new ones.

Anyway, I hope they are still with you,

Mark C