Stu

Stu And Shaz's Dart Room

Stu    426

Great looking viv again Stu will be interesting to see how the treefern panels look in further updates ,btw talking of Teseros redheads anyone know price and availability yet ? It truly is amazing Stu that your now working with 2nd generation frogs ,all the best in the world mate its very inspirational what you are achieving i take my hat off to ya ! Ty.

Hey buddy,ahh Ty your are so kind mate thanks bro means the world!!  It's really special for us Ty,I guess it's because they are our kids and we have held them and grafted for that day when they did this.  Plus one reared by other means and one disaster as I watched bromleaf's axil fail and saw her go crashing off a bit of wood onto the floor(as a tadpole mate), I can honestly say I was really upset,I couldn't find her for ages,ugg horrible. One of our first histrionica kids at that. So to come from that day to this ,is very special bro. Naturally the wishes are returned for your endevours mate.

Ty if you asked the guys stateside you might get an idea on price,at least for a price over there. There is a mechanism in place,it's either on the facebook,large oo's group or DB,but I can't remember more mate. I feel we might see the first imports to EU next year mate,but that is my gut feeling and no substance what so ever I have only spoken to Ivan very briefly to congratulate him ,on this huge achievement of finally getting some of his large oophaga into the world hobby. 

Ty, I have always steered clear of asking Ivan about his business dealings,price what he keeps pretty much all that, i've always felt my role is to just try and convey some of my passion to him,god it must be so hard to do what he has with so little support from the hobby and to try and turn that lack of support into a bit more by badgering everyone I can here and those in EU I can get to.  I don't feel I am eloquent or worldly wise enough, to be involved in anything else. I tried really hard to find him some sponsorship,but with the death of my cared for guy and loosing my job same day,I've been head down trying to keep a roof over us ,so am somewhat out of the loop.I  just want the smuggling stopped and this is the best hope I can see for that to happen,I was about to search for something for you,but found a post from my buddy Chris S in the states here's a link mate, This might shed some light,looks like 2016 might be a good year B)  :D .I know it mainly deals with the yanks,but it's fair enough those guys took a huge risk wth their own dosh and  now have an infastructure in place...our time will come mate

http://www.tesorosdecolombia.com/announcements/

belucky kiddo

Stu

Stu    426

what you need is some of those histos from tesoros. pretty sure you would make them happy. well also the money to buy them would make you happy.   :)

Cheers Walt that's bloody kind,I dunno kiddo I do know you are right about the money though :D .

Walt for me I want Ivan successful,that comes before my wants,oh I do want mate,but it has to be second fiddle to the big picture. At this time I can dream,but then I always have and somehow we got here,which frankly I am utterly bewildered by.  

For now I am thrilled some of your countrymen did what they did  and we are seeing posted genuinly legal sustainable large oophaga from Tes,as selfish as I am mate these recent events have just made me so happy all kudos to Alberto Chris Julio and the gang plus the work of Christoph in france. so damn cool mate. Ivan has this milestone export under his belt and Tesoros is still in there fighting.  

Hopefully soon some of our countrymen here will be able to get a chance even if I can't and again I'll be thrilled for them,not jealous at all. I love the frogs man that's it they don't have to be mine. One day maybe just maybe we might get a chance too dreams happen man,maybe one has to work bloody hard for it, but big deal. ;)  It's nowt to what this guy Ivan did huh

But kiddo we have been so fortunate, I just got eggs from a frog whom shouldn't be here that we reared and a large oophaga at that, It's not too shabby and frankly I'm so happy with those eggs I can't put it into worlds.

belucky Walt

Stu

Stu    426

Looks really nice Stu! Ive used a load of tree fern and there's alsorts growing out of it.God knows what it all is though! Congrats on all of the above! Fantastic to read all of this!

Cheers Dave have a look at images for gametophyte. I think TF is possibly one of the best viv backers,but i've always been a bit shy of the stuff, this heading towards landfill,was a no brainer

Stu 

Stu    426

love the sumba vines chief, the viv's looking great with the fern and plants in. good luck with the kiddlewinks too ! i need to give the fern panels a go, got a load of the exo terra ones for a fiver a pack, they were like £20, think swell still doing them for 6 atm. as far as i was aware exo terra had discontinued it

hey you!!

first time use mate always wanted them since the first time I saw the stuff at Df,but oaks so good and no heaving it around our poor old planet!!  Thinking our wood had been messed with I treated myself,it's not cheep but looks so damn good. Joe a few years back I found some dead yew,really weathered and gnarly,ahh mate simply the most stunning viv type wood I have ever seen,that is if one can use Yew in a viv?????  

The ruddy stuff was growing at the top of and overhanging a maybe 100 foot cliff maybe more,sod looking down,but I wanted it  so much :wub: . i've never seen anything like that mate quite similar to the sumba though in the swirly twisting  look.

Joe I bought some fancy fern which came on a bit of Tree fern ahh mate the bloody moss,or liverwort growth on that...if you stare closely,you'll see i've popped bits of it all over the viv,If nowt tropical comes out of the Tf because of the cold it has been exposed to,this might help thinks along,ha I know it likes growing on TF that's for sure.

Sorry about the brevity Joe I'm running out of bloody steam and got a shit day tomorrow,last two times it took me 71/2 hours to get to work,not good bro !!!

belucky buddy

Stu

Stu    426

Brill got our first eggs from a red frog beach female bred here,man these things take time but I'm utterly thrilled

Stu

• Like 5

Stu    426

set a viv set a viv set a viv....c'mon :P  :lol:  Ahh bro so damn cool,finally !!!!!

Stu

• Like 1

Stu    426

:wub: and verily I say unto thee tiny frogs

IMG_5400_zpsuhne9eqv.jpg

IMG_5398_zpsfzdmkfqs.jpg

IMG_5397_zpsnpexdzlx.jpg

back if the RFB kids will load afore I fall asllep with part deux in a mo :rolleyes: 

Stu.

• Like 2

Stu    426

Cheers Nick I took abit of time with these,not there yet though: I really need to shoot in raw and get the ruddy white balance sorted which is robbing them of true colour..too orange they are!!

Ahh Dave they are so cool they have utterly got me mate I only have to speak and they start to appear, little fella at the top is the last pic taken. The first shots were him and his mate whom both appeared on cue. When i opened the door and stuffed a ruddy great lens a couple of inches off their tiny noses,they didn't bat an eyelid.. I got me pics shut door moved tripod, made a right racket and moved on. I  looked back over me shoulder and one had come to the front vent to see why the hell I hadn't fed I guess.so I moved stuff around more racket opened the other  door stuffed camera in front of him,but this time he kept coming,little sod I'm sure he would have been on my shoulder if I hadn't moved fast(I'll leave out the expletives :o ) and pushed him back in. Just no fear Dave,and so fast after morphout,I'm bewildered!!  They all seem like this mate but I dunno these 4 have really been fun. At first it was just me,they had locked my voice I think but with the new job and long hours Shaz has been feeding them as well,.Occassionally one will just jump straight at ya from the back of the viv, towards the front. But it's never really worried me,they always land short being so small,rather unnerving though as they dissappear under one's chin. But of course they are getting bigger and with that stronger...Shaz spoke ickle frog went yay dinner boing landed on the front vent,ha I got a right bollocking don't talk to the bloody frogs Stu ;)

Forgive me mate RFb have been slow burn for a long long time now they have always been fun and some of the frogs we are having the fortune to breed are every thing I dream of in an RFB.  They've always been my special pum I love many mate but if there had to be one it's this something about the red and white and black spots. Anyway, getting the next lot i've bred,breeding, has just taken so damn long Now i'm damn close if not tads in water. and am having a ball with these kids for a bonus,it's hard not to go on about them.Ha those mouths  amazing what one sees when a tiny thing is made a lot bigger

take care kiddo..... just spotted your viv,nice job mate B)

Stu

• Like 1

Davenjai    119

Thanks Stu! Yeah they really are stunning frogs! Once ive paired up or made a trio from my Citronellas I might look at one more species.These are on the list for sure!

Cheers

Dave

Stu    426

Some of our  RH kids just starting to breed the liverwort moss? groing on the tree fern used in this young viv has my jaw dropping,i've not seen nowt like this before and way some piccies of the frogs

24045674683_e40f6fe9ba_b.jpg_70F1090 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

24304803289_1e6a13420a_b.jpg_70F1082 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

24376971150_bfce33cb5a_b.jpg_70F1069 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

24044331954_0ef19e7ec5_b.jpg_70F1057 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

24304831349_69108b72ae_b.jpg_70F1044 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

24554754162_b694382565_b.jpg_70F1034 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Stu
  • Like 3

Davenjai    119

Looks fantastic Stu! I must say I really like the red heads.Very nice! How are things in the UK regarding blood lines with these? The tree fern is looking good! Mine is doing the same and lately has been sprouting some nice ferns.

Dave

Stu    426

Hey Dave thanks mate tree fern rocks huh!!!

Dave mine are from a very thin line genetically,but there are other lines here.  I've kept this line as is from the dendroworks guys. I've always hoped an outcross would come one day via Tesoros for me personally. Just biding my time really mate.These and some of our other frogs are very slow long term projects for Shaz and I Dave,but  I'm slowly closing on goals set by myself. It's all to easy with frogs like this to let kids go too quickly and then find oneself at a dead end,so once we work out who is who sexwise with this little lot we have pretty much got to where I want to be.

Regarding the viv it's so early Dave god knows what will happen,i'm just stunned to have this much moss/liverwort/gametophytes in around 3 months,it's unreal really

take care

stu

Stu    426

Ey up chaps just thought I'd pop by to say we have just celebrated our 6th birthday as frog keepers,those 5 little leucs that we got all that time back are  all still here infact we have a few of their kids kicking about right now. Just started morphing out some new bastis kids to from a lass we have had here for ages,tis brilliant many are coming out yellow like there mum was when she first came here. Really cool this we haven't bred a yellow basti before,and it looks like mum is set on having a damn good bash at producing more. Nice when one starts a properly mature female breeding,no concerns about her at all she's just nailing it. 

The second RFB viv is finally producing after all this time and the rest are all chugging along fine

seeya

Stu