Sign in to follow this  
Bazzle24

Seconds Timers

Bazzle24    21

Hi guys I'm after a seconds timer and didn't know if any of you could recommend a certain type or tell me to avoid any. To be honest cost doesn't come into the equation but reliability does I'm happy to pay for quality if I have to but I also don't want to pay unnecessarily so your advice please

JohnB56    317

I cant remember what brand mine is, but ive been running it a long time and have had no problems to date. Ill check for you.

Dar    307

I use the 'dragon seconds timer' think I may have got it from dart frog years ago... Never had a problem with it at all

Bazzle24    21

The only thing I can see about the ones I can find are that they are all european plug design which means I'll have to buy 2 adaptors to get my pump to work do we know of any with true UK 3 pin plug style ones. Ive seen this one on >>>ebay<<< wondered if anyone has used one 

Nick    447

That ebay one only does minute intervals but the one I have that's the same sort of thing does seconds, no sign of any manufacturers name on it though.

you sure it can't do seconds looks exactly the same as the dragon one plus it's got a sec button on it too. Could the description be wrong?

Smug    63

you sure it can't do seconds looks exactly the same as the dragon one plus it's got a sec button on it too. Could the description be wrong?

I only read the spec so not sure now, they do like to use stock pics but also cut and paste specs so who knows what you will get ;)

Nick    447

I only read the spec so not sure now, they do like to use stock pics but also cut and paste specs so who knows what you will get ;)

I recon they are all made in china and re branded for different shops like the "dragon" version.

Bazzle24    21

Well I thought my search was over I found one on one of our sponsors website but unfortunately when I came to the checkout the postage was extortionate with a fixed cost so my search continues as the postage was nearly half the cost of the timer and I didn't want to by things I didn't want just yet so as to spread the postage cost :(

Mantas    207

Ive just ordered one of these for my new pump:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200927275881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It is identical to the other one i have which is labelled as "Dragon", as Nick correctly pointed out.

Hi John,

I looking for one of this now and want to ask you , it says:

,,Min. setting time: 1 minute''

So its mean minimum ON time is one minute or I misunderstand?

As I want for example 4 times per day 40sec ON :) .

JohnB56    317

Hi John,

I looking for one of this now and want to ask you , it says:

,,Min. setting time: 1 minute''

So its mean minimum ON time is one minute or I misunderstand?

As I want for example 4 times per day 40sec ON :) .

You haven't misunderstood, thats what the description says, BUT! the description is wrong, I have bought one and you can set it for seconds, so 4 times per day for 40 seconds is no problem.

• Like 1

Paul Howarth    269

Looks like it's described wrong to me Mantas? I have the Dragon one which is identical to this and can set seconds rather than minutes as a minimum!

Mantas    207

Super, thank you guys. One more question if nobody minds :)
It says : ,,Rechargeable NI-MH battery'' so it`s not work from main energy from electric socket?

JohnB56    317

Yes it works off the mains, but if it becomes unplugged for any reason the battery will keep the clock and all your settings going.

• Like 1

Paul Howarth    269

Yes it works off the mains, but if it becomes unplugged for any reason the battery will keep the clock and all your settings going.

...except for mine which doesn't seem to work anymore!!!! :-/

JohnB56    317

...except for mine which doesn't seem to work anymore!!!! :-/

Have you tried plugging it in and pressing the reset?

Mantas    207

I got one from eBay, different one: bnd-50/se36 and it says minimum timer set up,1sec, I read instruction and cannot figure out :/ anyone can help please?

Nick    447

I got one from eBay, different one: bnd-50/se36 and it says minimum timer set up,1sec, I read instruction and cannot figure out :/ anyone can help please?

you got the ebay link Mantas?

Mantas    207

John, and other who have same timers as in link, do anybody have problem when timmer switching by self from Automatic off to automatcc on?
SO its contantly on instead to off.