Sign in to follow this  
Milesw

Jeberos Breeding Tips

Milesw    191

anyone here breed jerberos?

i have a group of 5 with 2 males and 3 unknowns all over 1 year old now and have been calling alot for the past 3-4 months but no signs of any eggs, anyone have any tips for spurring them on?

Nick    447

Imitators are best in pairs if you want to breed them as they are monogamous and prefer to pair off.

Nick    447

thats interesting nick, when i bought them i was told they do best in groups :wacko:

That's surprising I had a trio but the extra female died and what I read on the states forum they also said keep in pairs are best for breeding.

Mantas    207

Yes, they are monogamous , like Nick said, I have read about it in wikipedia today. Can you tell me more about them and share your pics guys?

llamafish,

why its up side down, not like everywhere, just laid somewhere?

Nick    447

Yes, they are monogamous , like Nick said, I have read about it in wikipedia today. Can you tell me more about them and share your pics guys?

llamafish,

why its up side down, not like everywhere, just laid somewhere?

They lay there eggs on vertical surfaces.

B'wood Bob    5

They were only found to be monogamous a few years ago. Here's the paper that gives the first finding of a monogamous species of amphibian

http://www.jasonleebrown.org/jasonleebrown.org/PUBS/PDFs/Brown_etal_2010_AmNat_evolution_of_monogamy.pdf

Not sure how a pair first make their bond selection, or whether a pair will bond if there are no choices available, which I sometimes think is why sellers recommend a small group (though it may also be that they want to sell more livestock :angry:).

Good luck with the film canisters.