Sign in to follow this  
gibbo156

Bean Weevils

gibbo156    115

I've got a couple of bean weevil cultures that are producing more than i can handle.

I don't want to post them because i don't have any heat packs and i don't think they will survive the cold.

SO

If anybody wants to swap something for them then we could arrange a half way meet somewhere.

I've always got room for more springtails and woodlice but i am happy to consider whatever you have on offer.

My post code is OX15 5HP

gouldianmax    406

I wonder if you are into motorcycles in any way? I ask this as I am considering buying a bike from a dealer in OX15RP postcode and wondered if that is anywhere near yourself?

regards

Gordon

gibbo156    115

I wonder if you are into motorcycles in any way? I ask this as I am considering buying a bike from a dealer in OX15RP postcode and wondered if that is anywhere near yourself?

regards

Gordon

OX1 5RP is about an hour away. Easy enough to get to.

I haven't had a bike for about 37 years ! I am probably too old and scared nowadays.

Mantas    207

Bean weevils is taked me about two months to BOOM! Can you share your experience mate, do it take same period of time to you as well?

gibbo156    115

Bean weevils is taked me about two months to BOOM! Can you share your experience mate, do it take same period of time to you as well?

They took a long time to produce more than just a few.

I had a word with a bloke that was selling them at the CREAKS do at Kidderminster.

He told me that they need more heat.

So i put the cultures on top of the aquarium light unit where it is always hot.

They are producing a LOT now.

• Like 1

gouldianmax    406

I find that bean weevils like the temps in the high 20's. But be careful as once the temp gets towards 30 degrees they start to fly.

regards

Gordon

gibbo156    115

I find that bean weevils like the temps in the high 20's. But be careful as once the temp gets towards 30 degrees they start to fly.

regards

Gordon

I just found that out!

But the one or two that are flying around the viv are giving the greedy tincs some exercise.

gouldianmax    406

Gibbo just be careful. I did not realise several bean weevils had flew onto my clothing then flew off again when i went inside the house.Luckily my wife thinks none of my frog food can fly and thought they were wild beetles that had latched onto me when i was outside. i do grow fruit and veg in the back garden and have wondered if the bean weevils could attack my beans in the garden if they escaped on a warms summers day?

regards

Gordon

gibbo156    115

Cheers Gordon, i'll watch for that next summer.

In the meantime, this particular glut of bean weevils had been sorted out and i will be delivering them tomorrow.

Can the moderators lock this thread please.

cheers

gibbo