Sign in to follow this  
Boxofrogs

Thrifty duo viv

Boxofrogs    48

New build to fit above my existing vivs to maximise space available. 800 wide 400 deep 470 high. Using reclaimed glass from old double glazed units. 2927495-E-CC6-A-431-C-9-E75-3-C4-EA3-DEB

initial building of tank

B57-AB059-3908-4-C5-E-8-E81-57016-B00-B6

using slate to partition. Left side imitators/vanzolinii right side pumilio 

518006-F3-24-E7-40-BF-AF68-86935795-C596

• Like 2

Boxofrogs    48

It had occurred to me in the past to try to knock Some vivs to sellafter building a few.its no surprise that there are so few building them I know Marc (dartfrog) gets his from Europe and there is rainforest vivs and Dms I think.at 40 quid for a 40 cube even at 50 ir so it’s quite labour intensive! I’m making a tiny mantid viv from slate for a mate. I may scale this up to ranitomeya size with phelsuma type vents to max floor space. I’ll post to see if any interest 

Exciting to see mate, just don't tell me you are getting some tincs for it! I was recently put off DMS as they have not been on the ball with supplying people with lights and vivs on time, but when you think of the work that goes into it and the amount a business must pump out, I don't envy anyone doing it, that being said I need several vivs built next year as upgrades etc as buying pre-made from DF is too expensive and limits where you can utilize space. I am not brave enough to even attempt making one.

Boxofrogs    48

I’ll post pics of my ranitomeya slate rack when it’s done. Maybe I’ll make you some eh?think I’ll work the slate is more forgiving than glass particularly in transit and parts of the wall can be left bare as the finish will be natural and pleasing to the eye. Save spend 2 grand in tree fern