Sign in to follow this  
Boxofrogs

Terribilis build

Boxofrogs    33

9_E3_CC980-8_D85-4345-_A6_DE-_A61_F3_FB4

rock beach done hygrolon patch between bigger rocks dips into trough at front will grow aquatic moss lawn but rock will remain dry most of time avoiding foot rot. Update when lights in. Using 2x24 watt 7000 k suspended ceiling lights got them on my two 40 cubes above seem to work great and cheap as chips 

• Like 2

kroot    249

Never thought to use slate, which as you say has a cost advantage. Will be intregued to see how in turns out. Thought the main issue would be the weight of the viv. That puppy ain't moving except downwards! Keep us updated.

Boxofrogs    33

Thanks both. Cheers for advice John I relented and had to let my wife show me how to copy and paste  I’m rubbish. Morph wise probably yellow i like them all tbh but yellow and orange more nothing against bi colour either see what’s available around the time. 

Yes adrian heavy now and all stones siliconed into place. This could prove troublesome when I come to install lights  in the 2 1/2 inches of space available. I’ll post when lights are in. Pleased with it the only thing I forked out on was a single tree fern panel. Keep me in mind if churning out baby terribs 

Cheers 

john 

gouldianmax    401

Viv is looking good. When you get your terribs, put them in as a group and leave them together in the viv. They dont seem to like being moved from viv to viv and group to group once they are settled in and are fully grown...i bred hundreds of yellow terribs a few year back as a group of 2.2 in a similar sized viv. They loved it and wouldnt stop breeding, laying 15 to 20 eggs every few weeks for over 3 years...in the end i was giving groups of youngsters away because i had flooded the market. The only way i could stop them breeding was to split them into two groups of 1.1...they didnt like that and never bred again. They are great frogsand i hope you enjoy them. In my opinion the yellows are the healthiest and fittest, followed by the orange and then the mints.

regards

Gordon

• Like 1

Boxofrogs    33

Thanks for advice almost certainly go yellow or orange. I intended to get 4-5 then possibly move on a couple(bad idea?)when could be sure I had 2.1 maybe,like you say don’t want bucketfuls of em. Planted it up last night couple plants from jone5 cheers and cutting from kroot cheers. Rotted yours a bit Adrian sorry. Unfortunately it now looks like a display in Homebase. Post when it looks less phoney. 

Thanks for feedback 

John 

Nick    447

looking great they will love those rocks, 

*your aviator is quite disturbing though :blink:

Boxofrogs    33

Cheeeeers 

sister in law sent me avatar seemed a waste not to use it. You can tell it’s a girl 

small toe pads 

• Haha 1

Boxofrogs    33

8_ECEEE0_F-_B791-4247-9_A55-86682651_B7_

mostly planted with stuff I’ve taken from other vivs. Couple of climbers I half inched from Stratford butterfly farm moth orchid donated by old customer dwarf mondo grass seems tough not sure how it will work long term. Seeded lawn with chopped Xmas moss need to add hut and forest “pot pourii” 

• Like 2