Sign in to follow this  
Andy65

Ranitomeya Sirensis Highland With Tadpole.

Boxofrogs    45

That’s got to be one of the prettiest froggies out there. Lovely pic is that tweaked or a a straight up shot? These harder to keep than most thumbnails? 

John 

Andy65    69

Thanks John,

Just used the auto adjust button on iPad for this picture, didn’t change it much really.

I’ve found them not hard to keep, these are the only thumbnails I’ve kept so I couldn’t really compare. 

Boxofrogs    45

May give these a try depending on many financial variables.they beat varadaros for me I think never seen in the flesh I was under the impression they were a bit of a mare to keep 

Andy65    69

These were my first dart frog I kept and never had any problems with them, I’ve had them for just over two years now.

Got two groups, a group of six in one viv and a three in other. Both groups have breed well, 64 young in total up to now.

Boxofrogs    45

Well done!.how do you raise them do they raise in the viv like imitators or do you do it. I’ve got test tubes with vent tads in but they seem to honk after a while even when I change the water. Lost the first couple just before they popped front legs but the next lot are getting there now.got the idea from s post on here but I’m not sure there is enough surface area for the volume of water.

Andy65    69

Thanks John,

Ways take the eggs out of viv when fertile, that’s if I can find them.

I put the one tadpole in 16oz tubs with some oak leave and moss, just about everyday I remove frog waste and uneaten food and kept topping the water up with spring water, sometimes doing a full water change.

Then I move the tadpoles in bigger tubs just as their back legs start to develop, these tubs are 101oz size 8 long x 6 wide x 4 high inches, a bit over the top I know, but just try and give them the best I can.

Boxofrogs    45

It’s sounds like your frog room is bigger than my frog room!! Thanks for the reply,we possibly represent opposite ends of the tadpole care spectrum. I’ll up my game 

cheers

john 

Andy65    69

I’ve only four vivs which are display ones in my living room, all housing Ranitomeya Sirensis Highland.

I guess it’s worth a go to try something different now and again.