Sign in to follow this  
Boxofrogs

Fruit fly cup for the low skilled frogger

Boxofrogs    1

E3EC587E-18D5-4938-AF82-4807327A2195.thumb.jpeg.d2313dda38ae760f24d4072e9b8584c3.jpegI’m guessing this is not a new idea but thought I’d share. Smoothie cups with lids complete with hole £7 ish Amazon free delivery for 50 (16oz)probably cheaper if you hunt around. Tesco cotton wool ball wedged in the top seems to work well. Tap cup remove wedge place dome down on another dusted cup shake about. At this point you can answer the phone have a cup of tea so on safe in the knowledge all the flies are in one cup or the other and not in your house causing marital disharmony. The dome ushers flies aplenty into the second cup with minimal effort without ever having to remove the lid. Similar to the cups with the sponge wedge but the dome works and it’s got to be cheaper

Great success! 

• Like 1

kroot    243

Wow this looks a great idea! And for £7 to try it out a no-brainer! Thanks, I will give it a go.

Boxofrogs    1

No probs glad to share.i can’t believe this is not done more already almost didn’t bother posting this.Was never good at getting the flies in without escapees and seemed to kill loads in the rim of the lid as I closed it. Would probably be good with bigger cups but these were the first ones I saw. Any thoughts on swapping that female Santa Isabel? If not for me for genetic diversity.