Sign in to follow this  
lifeofbrian

Tips on the Exo Terra mini fogger.

lifeofbrian    0

How are these used in vivarium's?

Long version:

I'm trying to figure out a way to use this in my Dart Frog terrarium. It needs a good few cm of water above it so I tried it in a 6.5cm dish covered with fabric mesh which works well for a few minutes, but that clogs up with water very soon, and gets dirt on it. I've seen the Lucky Reptile Fogger Cave Stone, but it is too shallow to hold enough water which is stupid, there's a vid on youtube showing it. The Exo terra waterfall medium size is too big for my terrarium.Of course I could seal it with silicone but then cleaning it would be a pain, I can see it becoming foul quickly, what could I put in the water to stop that that wouldn't kill my frogs? I suppose I could soak it in something but I'd like to be able to clean it properly.

gouldianmax    399

Sorry but i dont think these are worth the bother...unless set up really well they run out of water or harm the frogs...i would do without.

kroot    246

I agree with Gordon on this one. And I don't rate the water falls either to be honest. A good misting system like Mistking, or hand misting is the way forward I think. If I ever get around to sorting a frog meet in S.London you can take a look for yourself and have a prod about.

dp1951    1

I had a look at foggers and a mistking and will be going with the mistking

you can have a look at this may help you out

• Like 1