Nick    447

I have been closely monitoring the site over the last month or so and it’s not looking good I’m afraid. We are getting lots of hits with people reading existing posts and visiting the site but people aren’t willing to post anything unless they have something to sell. We have members that visit the site everyday but haven’t posted for years, we have new members that join just to post items for sale and to avoid coming back to the site put their number or email on the posts. Had one member so quick to joining couldn’t be bothered to scroll down to marketplace section to post there “for sale” post just dumped it at the top and haven’t come back since.

This site was never created for my indulgence it's was created for likeminded people to share information and advice and build relationships with others. If the site isn't being used I won't be spending any more of my time and money to keep it up. I have just broken even now so financial I won't have lost anything.

From why perspective I have done everything I can to make this site as easy and user friendly as possible I have created how to videos, lifted restrict on uploading images direct into post and increased number of images you can post into the gallery. The site has been updated multiple times to increase its features.

On a personal note I have enjoyed read everyone’s posts and discussions but we live in world now where people prefer a cheap “like” rather than a discussion or knowledge share. Please don’t take the above comments as a threat or me being angry; I’m not, I’m just being open and honest with everyone where we stand. If something isn’t being used then there’s no point keeping it, might be time to move on.

It’s up to the members on here to decide if they want this site or not.

Thanks

Nick

Mark97    83

Appreciate all the effort you put into the site Nick. Hope it doesnt come to that, but totally get where you are coming from.

Alex    74

Hi Nick

I think that even if people don't post, the simple fact that in case of need, the site is there, contributes to keep the hobby alive.

In the past 4 years I have received countless excellent tips from members, either directly, or, mostly, indirectly, by reading other people's threads.

So, bottom line, it's not necessarily the amount of posts, but the quality behind that matters, and if this site goes, we all loose out.

Just my 2 cents

Ale

• Like 1

PeteC86    4

Unfortunately I got into the hobby just recently and so missed when this place was active, but I've learned a lot from reading threads here. 

Can totally appreciate where you're coming from, Nick. It's a shame Facebook has killed a lot of forums, as Facebook groups tend to be a bit of a cesspit. 

kroot    256

I can understand how you feel. As a non-facebook person I use this as my first stop for frog based info. I hope we can get people to contribute more. Must admit I'm not one of the best posters myself so I can hardly talk.

Mark    19

I prefer the sense of community you get with a forum.  It's a shame really as we had a great group of people who would have meets. People just like the blooming instant click of fb rather than looking up answers or carrying on topics. I will get my ass in gear and post more 

• Like 1

Mark97    83

Thats the thing aint it Mark, we all moan about forums being quiet because of fb groups, but most of us are all in these fb groups talking to the same guys we would be talking to on here. We all need to make the effort to use forums over fb to keep them alive.

Skoobanut    148

Such a shame nick if you did close it down but do see your point as I am also guilty of doing it as others to. With Facebook and other social media sites I doesn't help one bit and would be a shame to lose the only uk site.