Sign in to follow this  
Andy65

Sirensis Highland Pasco

Andy65    69

Hello to all,

Here are afew pics of my Highland Pasco.

Male and Female.

image_zpshinxsuzi.jpeg

Female with eggs.

image_zpsxfnmlsrc.jpeg

Springtail hunting.

image_zpswkjxfwkw.jpeg

• Like 5

Andy65    69

Thanks Steve,

At the moment viv temp 22c and they are doing great, laying eggs but none fertile. These are only young and it's they first time.

The lowest I've had them is 21c during the day and 20c at night. I've only been keeping Sirensis Highland from April this year, so I'm just learning about them myself.

I've got a group of six and they are all doing okay.

Andy

Milesw    191

I have been breeding mine for 2 years now, and the lower temps doesnt really apply to CB frogs, might have been critical to get the WC originals to breed, but mine have been breeding every other week all summer, some days the temp in room was around 30c

• Like 1

Andy65    69

Hi Milesw,

That's a good point actually, never looked at it that way.

I know during the hot few days we've had, their has not really be any changes in the frogs behaviour.

Have you breed any young from yours.

Andy

kroot    256

Mine seem to have done nothing :(. Fat and feeding well but other than that nothing. Any hints to cheer them up?

Andy65    69

Hi Kroot,

I'm still learning about these myself, one of my females is lay eggs for the four time, the other 3 clutches was not fertile so hopefully this time. At the moment I have 1 male with 2 females in one viv and other 3 in a separate viv, which has 1 male and the other 2 not sure of sex yet.

My plans are to put them all together in the new big viv that I built, I've been told that they do well in large groups so I will give it a go.

Andy

Milesw    191

hi andy, yes i have bred quite a few of them, beautiful frogs, i keep mine as a trio, 1 male 2 females and works well for me, key to good breeding is age, hold off untill they are about a year and half if possible, i remove tads and rasie myself, although i have let the odd one slip past me and they do a cracking job on their own.

deep leaf litter and good cover is key i find, aswell as film canisters hidden in clumps of vines or ferns etc. hope this helps.

• Like 2

Andy65    69

Hi Milesw,

Yes that does help, thank you for the advice Milesw, I think will put some extra film canisters and some more leaf litter in the new viv before I put them in.

Thanks Joe,

These are great looking dart, I don't think you would be disappointed if you got these.

Thanks Mark,

Out of the six i have, I would say 4 of them are quite bold. I can't really compare them to Imitators, because I haven't had them.

Andy

• Like 1

Milesw    191

not apart from my own adults, everything else is froglets, and just sold the oldest 3 :(

if i hear anything ill let you know, you still got the vent trio? they breeding still?

kroot    256

Yep still got them, and a second viv with a calling group in. Almost no eggs this year though. Odd everyone fat and odd calling but no laying. Maybe next year they will go crazy?