Sign in to follow this  
SLEEPiNGGiRL

My 60X45X90H Orchid Heavy Exo Build.

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

I guess it's halfway there now, but at least not looking such a mess. Still a fair way to go, few more plants, growing out etc... not sure what will be going in there at a later date. A nice contrasting bold group dart would probably be best. Sorry it's not a full tank shot, I can't get one at the moment, but it'll be moved to it's final position by the weekend, so I should be able to finally get one then. Really need to invest in another 50mm lens!

90%20viv%20build.jpg

90%20viv%20build%201.jpg90%20viv%20build%20bottom.jpg

• Like 6

Davenjai    119

Very nice Stacey! I can see you are a fan of orchids too.More people should try them.Ive not lost any of mine and most have flowered and are growing well.

Cheers

• Like 1

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

Thank you. I've still got a fair few to add, a few more bulbophyllums especially. I think I may have too many Lepanthes, if there is such a thing. :D I thought the frogs would be expensive, then I found orchids...

Davenjai    119

Ha! Tell me about it! Is that a Restrepia on the right hand side between the Broms? I have one myself and its growing really well.There are some stunning species and what ever that one is it looks very nice!

Dave

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

The restrepia is just below the Neoregelia amandae and Lycopodium, next to the tillandsia tectorum. It's Restrepia trichoglossa, the striped version. I have a division of this in the Varadero viv too, it blooms almost constantly and very beautiful. Talking of Restrepia, I'm putting an order in for some more in a couple weeks! LOL I'll get you a division or baby off it when I can if you wanted, Dave?

FB_IMG_1462912952822.jpg

Davenjai    119

Ah it was the Lepanthes I was referring to.Very nice! I see the Restrepia too now.Wouldnt mind a bit if its doable when the time comes,thanks.Im going to an orchid show/sale in a couple of weeks so it will be interesting to see whats available.I'll put up some pics of my haul if its worthy.

Cheers

• Like 1

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

Malvern? I'd love to have gone, but I'm stuck at home. The joy of young kids and a partner that works long hours! I'll try not to be too envious. Haha

Good luck, hope you find some nice ones! :)

• Like 1

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

Sorry Mark, only just seen this! I'll make a point to get on the laptop this week and update with a new full viv shot and some of the orchids that have been flowering recently. :)

• Like 1

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

A few updates pictures of the Orchidarium taken today and some photos of some of my orchids in flower over the last couple months.

Full viv shot

Orchidarium%20full.jpg

Left

Orchidarium%20left.jpg

Right

Orchidarium%20right.jpg

Platystele stenostachya

Platystele%20stenostanchya.jpg

Lepanthes telipogoniflora

Lepanthes%20telipogoniflora.jpg

Lepanthes tsubotae

Lepanthes%20Tsubonae.jpg

Lepanthes rutrum

Lepanthes%20rutrum.jpg

Dendrobium lamyaiae

Dendrobium%20lamyaiae.jpg

Lepanthes obovata

Lepanthes%20obovata.jpg

Lepanthes zamorensis

Lepanthes%20zamorensis.jpg

• Like 2

SLEEPiNGGiRL    94

Thank you. It's coming on great. Just need to find a home for a few of the pots in there, as I have nowhere to put them right now, but hoping they'll go into a bigger build I have planned next year.