Sign in to follow this  
Ben

New Display Viv.

Ben    19

Hi,

Setting up a new 100 x 42 x 75 (70 Gal) display viv, Will be a slow build but I will post the odd pick as it progresses.

The viv was built by Richie, I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and have since been sourcing materials for the build.

I am looking to plant it out with lots of epiphytic orchids and bromeliads, mosses and marcgravia liana. I have used the exo terra tree fern panels to line the back of the viv and have a couple of large chunks of tree fern to cut in to shape to give the background some depth along with a couple of driftwood branches.

Not sure what's going in there as yet, Was thinking about a Nicaragua display with my blue jeans Pumilio, Green and black auratus and a trio of Gonatodes Geckos. (What I would really like is a large Oophaga species) 

Will post pics soon.

Cheers,

Ben.   

• Like 2

kevindurose    111

Ben, perhaps your not planning to but I wouldn't put geckos in with any pumilio. About 15 years ago I Tried putting phelsuma cepediana (blue tailed day geckos in my 5ft tall display tank which contained a trio of azzies and a colony of pumilio. All was well for about two months until I noticed all of a sudden the pumilio diappeared!

Kev

Ben    19

The Gonatode Geckos are found in the same local as the blue jeans pumilio and the green and black auratus and they are tiny. They feed on fruit flys so pumilio would be far to big to be considered a prey item and should be safe. Froglets might not fair to well though, Not totally convinced. I am a big fan of biotope aquariums and was trying to go for a Nicaragua biotope with this display, Even as far as only adding local specific plants. I will more than likely go for a group of larger Oophaga and stick to one species though.

Thank's for the input Kevin all taken onboard ðŸ‘

Cheers,

Ben.

kevindurose    111

You have to upload to photo bucket. Then click info and click the image link. Then just copy into your message. If it's not in photo bucket I've no clue

Bastien    22

Photobucket or imgur work well I've found. Both will allow you to post a link to the album. Look forward to seeing the build!

B

Ben    19

Not the best pic but we are getting there, Now ordering drain and mist system.
Going for the comfort line system from Bens Jungle along with a big plant order.

Light unit is in the post, gone with an aquarium T5 unit and will change one of the bulbs for an Arcadia 6% uv bulb.
Will post update pic's soon.

(Thank's for the help with image posting, I think I have it figured out.) 

Ben. 

Ben    19

New viv progress

Plants and misting nozzles arrived so they have been installed and the first planting done. Need to add a bit more décor, Liana vines, pods and leaf litter. The light unit arrived and has been installed, Although waiting on arcadia T5 tube to replace the blue tube in the unit. Once the misting system is finished will leave to grow in and think about what to put in there! 

Cheers,
Ben.

• Like 3

Ben    19

I bought all the misting system separate, pump is ENT, the nozzles all come from Ben's jungle and all the timers and tube from Dart frog. I had my Blue Jeans Pumilio in there for a while but they were too shy so I managed to get a pair of red head Histrionica in

It was good to see you Ale hope the Banded Imitators all settle for you

Cheers

Ben.