Sign in to follow this  
Davenjai

Best Time To Remove Tadpoles

Davenjai    119

Hi guys.When is the best time to remove tadpoles from Bromeliads if you want to raise them yourself? I have a few film cans etc dotted about but they seem to love the Broms too much! The species is Variabilis southern.

Cheers!

Mantas    207

Hello,

Personly I leave tadpoles there and let ranitomeya and oophaga feed and rise by self :) But head some dont look after them froglets ..

Milesw    191

i would leave them in the broms, wait till you see another clutch of eggs (wont be long) and pull the eggs, and then put them into individual pots once they have burst from egg,  plenty of guides online or just text me and ill help you more :D.

Davenjai    119

Cheers guys.I haven't found eggs yet and ive been looking. Ive noticed a few different calls too.You can also tell when they are transporting as you wont hear them for a couple of days and then catch them in the act! Great frogs.

• Like 1

Davenjai    119

They've really got into the swing of it now! They are laying in a big Brom regularly and have laid a clutch on a petri dish under a coco hut today. So far I have over a dozen tadpoles and about twenty hatching soon.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

gouldianmax    406

Hi Dave

it is a fact that it is not easy to sell on a large quantity of one particular type of dart frog unless you take a table at one of the I.H.S. reptile shows or something similar. Or you attend a specific frog meeting or frog show such as the MAD DAY up in the north east.

You could also try to swap some with someone on here. Hope you sell them okay mate, but it is worth considering or asking around now if anyone would be interested in your youngsters and either live close to you or they are willing to travel to pick them up.

regards

Gordon

Alex    74

in a couple of months or so I could be interested in a trio. I have a friend that sometimes comes in your area from London so it could be arranged.

Ale