Sign in to follow this  
Davenjai

Arcadia Jungle Dawn 40 Watt Spot Light

Davenjai    119

Hi guys.Has anyone used this light on a 3 foot deep viv with broms yet? I have a 3 foot deep viv lit by two 22 watt jungle dawns,one arcadia D3 forest 6% 55 watt T5 and one arcadia original tropical pro 55 watt T5 but a couple of the bromeliads have lost some colour and could look a bit better.Most are looking great but I think I need more light and I don't know weather to add another T5 or two or maybe look at the spot lights?

Cheers

Dave

Richie    214

Hi Dave

Funny enough i was looking at these today on the arcadia stand at Aqua 2015. I spoke to John about them as well and i must say im well impressed. Theyre great for deep vivs and have the exact spectum needed for plants. In fact i was so impressed i ordered a load some to sell and some to use over my plants i keep indoors in tents through the winter. From what im told even though theyre 40w theyre equivalent to a 600w ordinary grow light.

cheers

Richie

Davenjai    119

Yeah they sound promissing Richie.My DS hybrids have lost some red and are 50/50 red and green and my pink throat has lost most of its pink.All the rest look really good though.The domino looks awsome and the fireballs are fluorescent pink! The TS is 70% green but that is down really low but still looks good.I just know some could look better.Coming from a reef keeping background and keeping SPS corals for years I'm used to tweeking things to get the best possible colours.Its as much about the plants in the display as it is the frogs for me as I love Broms.Maybe I will drop some hints for Xmas! :D​​.

Richie    214

It is very hard to keep the colours on some of the broms in a viv unless you have extreme lighting. Even through the winter in the greenhouse they lose those stunning dark reds etc. I made a big triple planted display viv for Arcadia for Aqua 2015 to show off there lighting and to be fair all the broms and crytanthus were a nice red, they did have some serious light on it though

Richie

gouldianmax    397

Hi Dave

Just be careful with the lighting. If it is really bright the plants may love it but the frogs may hide away all the time unless they are used to that sort of really bright lighting from an early age.

regards

Gordon