Sign in to follow this  
jone5

Phyllobates Bicolor

jone5    26

Anyone keep these? I'm considering a pair for my next frogs.

Would probably go for at least a 60x40x40.

Care seems to be similar to terribilis, I guess these are supposed to be just as greedy?

gouldianmax    396

Hi

Yes bicolors are a great frog to keep in groups and are greedy feeders. They are a smaller frog than a terribilis.

Unfortunately, at present i have never seen anyone offering any for sale recently. Like many other types of dartfrogs, they seem to plenty then none available, going in and out of fashion. A couple of years ago there were lots around. I dont know of anyone breeding or selling at present, but good luck in finding some as they are a great frog.

regards

Gordon

• Like 1

jone5    26

Thanks for the reply, I do really like the look of bicolors.

I guess I'll just have to see what's available next year.☺

gouldianmax    396

If you cannot get any bicolors. I may have some yellow terribilis youngsters for sale in the spring but i fear the distance between us may be too far. Someone els on here will also probablies have yellow terribilis for sale also.

regards

Gordon

• Like 1

dendros    74

i had group bicolours couple yr ago ,truly handsome frogs ,very bold and freindly ,i miss them often and regret selling but que sera as they say ,can thorougly reccomend as group frog .

• Like 1

jone5    26

If you cannot get any bicolors. I may have some yellow terribilis youngsters for sale in the spring but i fear the distance between us may be too far. Someone els on here will also probablies have yellow terribilis for sale also.

regards

Gordon

Terribilis would be my next choice, always had a soft spot for them. Will keep you posted as to whether I manage to find some bicolor.

Also, thank you for your kind offer, i'ts a shame about the distance.

• Like 1

jone5    26

Finally managed to pick up two 3 month old froglets the other day, really pleased as they are lovely looking frogs.

Both are eating well and spending lots of time foraging in the leaf litter.

I hope to maybe add another one once I've had chance to build a larger viv.

tuckerboy    5

I was going to reply that Emily has some for sale and then I see that you are from cornwall, so I am guessing you did get them from Emily. Tri-Mar also sell them but again, those are from emily